It’s August and I’ve already finished 102 books and maybe I’ll even hit 140+ this year. Yes, I have a mental illness. How did I do it?
I started reading 10 pages a day, I will say it was a constant struggle. Whether I like it or not, I had to read that terrible number of ten pages a day.
Anyway, it all started with the fear about the disease and reading “That Sugar” by Damon Gameau. That book changes my life!
Thanks to this book, I lost more than 40 kg and I do not have diabetes like some people wished me… Fuckers!
You may not know this, but ten pages a day makes twelve books a year. I started with 10 pages and finished in the next year with a minimum of 40+ pages a day.
I think I read 57 books and I felt so happy! It was 2019.
I decided to ask questions of people who read over 100 books a year on their techniques. This is where I found out about the audio books. I listened for 4-5 months for 8 hours daily until I suffered.
I finished the year with 141 completed books. I had enough of the audiobooks for another year. The year 2021 is 83 completed books.
And this year I completed 102 titles in 08.08.2022 and there are nearly four months left before the end of the year. I read e-books, I listen to audiobooks, and I read a paper.
I do not read one book at a time, but I have a dozen and I continue the most nice for me.
Currently, my average is 2 hours to read, and thus between 1 and 4 hours of audiobook per day.
I know I have a current limit of around 150 titles per year. To beat it, I would have to raise the speed of reading texts.
In general, I dream of reading 1000 words per minute and spending at least 4 hours a day reading. It would be great to read a thousand books a year.
- Be systematic, read everyday
- Read e-books, paper books and listen audiobooks
- Read at your favorite times of the day
- Read when you feel you want to
- Read more than 1.5 hours a day
- Listen to audiobooks on average 2-4 hours a day
- Read more in one day and less in others
- Read more than one book
- When one gets bored, move on to another
- Take care of sports, relaxation, nutrition and hydration
- Put down your cell phone, don’t watch movies or play games
- Surround yourself with books – buy many books
- Throw the TV out of the room
- Have silence and good lighting
- Increase your reading speed
- Make one day a week without audiobooks or just 30 minutes
- Read books that interest you
- Read in the company
- Read in your favorite body position
- Read in your free time – catch the moments
- Sometimes rest if you can’t read
- Watch BookTube
- Subscribe to GoodReads
- Have book friends
- Take a subscription to unlimited books (e-books/audiobooks)
- Use the public library
Leave a Reply